Workplace Discrimination & Harassment Isn’t Always Obvious. That Doesn’t Make It Any Less Illegal.
Ideally, employment decisions and advancement opportunities for all individuals would be based on merit, qualifications, experience, skills and abilities. When this doesn’t happen, there is the potential for employment discrimination.
REASONS YOU CAN’T BE FIRED OR DENIED HIRE:
- Being a Whistleblower
- Knowing about or refusing to participate in illegal acts
- Pregnancy/Family status
- Reporting Harassment, Discrimination or Bullying
- Sexual Orientation or Sexual Identity
As an employee, you have the right to work in a safe place without the fear of danger, violence, discrimination, or harassment.
POSSIBLE SIGNS YOU’RE RECEIVING INEQUITABLE TREATMENT FROM YOUR EMPLOYER:
- Being excluded from projects and workplace duties because of a disability
- Having certain tasks assigned to only members of a specific ethnic group or gender
- Hearing ongoing derogatory jokes or comments targeting you as a member of certain race, religion, sexual orientation or gender group
- Continually hearing offensive remarks against you based on your race, gender or religion
- Being denied a promotion on the basis of gender, disability, pregnancy, family status, religion or sexual orientation
- Inappropriate or unwanted touching or restriction of movement
- Suffering negative consequences after having complained about discrimination in the workplace or after reporting illegal activity
- Continually receiving offensive and/or graphic emails
Contact Us for a Free Consultation to Discuss Your Case.
Meet Our Discrimination & Harassment Attorneys
45+ years of combined litigation and negotiation experience